Monday, January 6, 2014

Natural Mineral Makeup: Face Powder for All Skin Tones

Image courtesy of photoexplorer/FreeDigitalPhotos.net




Recently a friend asked me if I knew how to make mineral foundation, and although I didn't have a clue... I found some "how-to's," so this one is for my dear friend Cam and all others who may be wondering, enjoy!


Below you can learn how to create your very own translucent mineral face powder with a matte finish. No matter your complexion, this post has you covered, the first recipe is for brown complexions, and the one following it is for lighter complexions. Although both recipes will tell you how to portion control till you find your tone, take your pick as to which one you'd like most.


[Excerpt taken from Minimalist Beauty] Creating your own makeup isn't as difficult as it sounds. There are simple and natural ingredients that you can use to make your own cosmetics. Read more at Minimalist Beauty...

Image courtesy of Rasmus Thomsen/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

[Excerpt taken from My Merry Messy Life] If you're already into making your own cosmetics... like I am, this probably sounds like something fun you'd like to try. But, if you're new to the whole non-toxic way of life, you might be thinking, "why in the heck would I put cornstarch on my face?" I'm choosing to because commercial cosmetics are known for being full of chemicals I'd rather not be putting on the largest organ of my body - my skin. Many of those chemicals are toxic, even carcinogenic. So, one time exposure may not be a big deal, but everyday for your entire adult life? A big deal. Read more at My Merry Messy Life...